Powder Room Makeover

I've been wanting to change up my powder room for a while but a renovation was not in the budget - the tiny pedestal sink and toilet were staying, so this was purely a decorating gig.

I knew I wanted a gray/black/white colour scheme with some pop of colour (the colour to be determined at some point later on).  Given that I had very dramatic red & gold walls for the last 9 years, it was time to head in the opposite direction with something more soothing and refined, so I chose Benjamin Moore's Stonington Gray.



Here are some of the inspiration shots for the space:

Fornasetti Wallpaper 
Traditional Home

Roman Bath Center

Just Kidding!

It started with this light fixture which I found on sale at a local hardware store when I wasn't even looking for it.  However, when we pulled down the old ugly light track we found that the builder did not include a light box behind the drywall which is both unsafe and inconvenient for me.  I sent the hubs out to Home Depot to purchase said light box and proceed to install it (when he felt like it) before I could continue my work!




Before the pretty could begin, my work included learning how to cover up the holes... my first patch job, a new skill for my resume.


Back to the pretty... I wanted to match the deco vibe of the light fixture with the faucet and found this perfect little number the Dryden faucet from Delta - with similar clean lines and great shape it was a fantastic jewel for my tiny pedestal sink.  I love the sleek handles and curved spout...so modern.



Next came the mirror - when I stumbled upon this little number at one of my wholesale shops I knew it had to come home with me (even though it made me think of my friend @GlamaMama).  It's black velvet with chunky crystals encrusted all around - so luxe!



Then I found a sweet little capiz shell fixture and knew they were a match made in heaven - she had to come join her friend, the luxe mirror, in my petite WC.



Once the necessities were in place all I needed was some art.  I'm a big fan of art in bathrooms because even the tiniest rooms need some drama.  I knew I was going for black & white images and found one beautiful print on Etsy (center wall below) called Dreamscape by Imaginestudio.  The other items were two small art tiles (top)  from a 2008 Paris trip, a couple of canvases covered in floral wallpaper samples, and various photos/prints I had stashed in my office waiting for the perfect frame to adorn them.  A collage was born...



Dreamscape #2 by Imaginestudio on Etsy
Love it!!


Lastly, for the sake of coordinating, I had to change the towel bar and paper holder, which then meant changing out the light & electrical switch plates and floor vent cover too!  Lastly, I added a vintage wrought iron magazine rack to store extra TP and a couple of decor mags, of course.



So much for a budget makeover!  But, as far as makeovers go a powder room is a reasonable spend, albeit still a lot of sourcing to get it just right, and... I loved every minute of it.  Now the ensuite bath is calling...yikes!

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like