Swirls and Curls and Graphics, Oh My!

One sure way to add drama to any room is to add a bold statement wallpaper.  Used on a feature wall it can elevate any space from drab to fab instantly and even cover up imperfect walls.  If you cringe at the thought of using it because the walls at your grandma's house were covered in tiny faded floral prints or pink kitchen utensils, you'll be pleasantly surprised at how far they've come.  Here are some of the papers I'm pondering for my powder room makeover that I wrote about here.


Very soft and elegant, I could definitely build a scheme around this paper 
in black and white... maybe wrought iron sconces.



This is the print Candice Olson designed for York Wallcoverings Designer Series
If you watch Divine Design, you can see it on her office wall.


I love bold graphics when I'm doing a feature wall. 
But, this one would be way too much for me to use on all four walls.



You know somebody is gonna read in there, right? 
The muted colour and aged look is very charming. 


Miles Redd decorated this New York powder room covering all the walls
for a library setting.  What do you think?




Art-deco inspired ladies with wide brimmed hats



I'm just a sucker for anything with butterflies,
or as Colin & Justin like to call them, flutter-bys (so true!)



Graphic but understated and very elegant.  Bonus is that you can add virtually any
colour as an accent.  This sunny hue is perfect, and so is the vintage screen.



Very low-key but still graphic and modern.



This one packs a punch, love it!



This homage to Paris would leave me wishing for more than the few days I spent there a couple of years ago.  It also has an aged quality to it with the faded background. 

So next time you're struggling with paint colours, go have a look at the wallpaper books.
You just might find your inspiration for a whole room, right there. 

Au revoir mes amis!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like