Design Inspiration

I've been "un-blogged" for a couple of weeks as the summer wound down and we ramped back up for the new school year.  For me, autumn is a time of renewal, back to routines and often fresh starts.  Lucky for me, I also acquired two new clients over the past couple of weeks and have been busy with design plans.

I've been doing the rounds at the showrooms.  Camilla House Imports is one of my faves with a funky, cool vibe as well as a fresh take on traditional pieces.  They have gorgeous tables made from rail ties and barnboard which they place on brushed stainless or chrome legs.  One of these is sure to be a conversation piece in any room.



Here is a picture I took from the Canadian Gift and Tableware Show which I blogged about here.


  

Barn board and rail ties up close. 

I love these chairs that I'm thinking of using for my client's elegant but casual dining
room where she loves to host dinner parties. 
 


Here's a close-up of the chair arm, I just love the patina on these
chairs and they only get better over time.
 


This is our inspiration shot for the living room designed by Tobi Fairley,
one of Traditional Homes Magazine's top 20 young designers in America for 2009.



  
 The Camilla House showroom is gorgeous but I like to check out the back warehouse
that is filled to the brim with unfinished furniture, cool accessories, and miles of aisles
stocked with amazing decor items ... it's a designer's candy shop!




My other client is looking for a Tuscan inspired living room where she hosts frequent
casual wine and cheese soirees, so comfort is key in this well used living room.  
A pair of these chairs would be cozy.

 

The well-aged patina on this vintage scroll light fixture would add some drama to the space,
wrought iron is a strong element in Tuscan design 




Choosing fabrics and a colour scheme for another busy and active young couple with two small children and a dog means durability, pattern to hide little messy fingers, and yet fun and lively to capture their personalities.  This is the palette we will be working with for the family room of this trendy Danforth neighbourhood home.


Now I'm off to scour the town for more goodies.  Let me know which are your favourites!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like